1. Rental Rates: Rental rates are based on a per-hour and per day “rental day” starting at the time of rental. The minimum rental period on all motorcycles is three hours . Longer rental peroids often reflect a savings over hourly and daily rates.
2.Authorised Drivers: The vehicle may be driven only by an authorised driver named on the rental agreement, additional drivers may not be added to a rental agreement. Authorised drivers must satisfy our age requirements, have a valid driver’s license, and fulfil our other qualifications. No other persons are authorised to drive the vehicle.
3.Damage/loss deposit. The renter must provide a valid Visa/Mastercard/Amex or cash deposit at the time of rental, the card should have available credit to cover the damage/loss wavier for the particular vehicle:
Standard insurance 3000 Hong Kong dollars liability
Comprehensive Insurance 1500 Hong Kong dollars liability
4.Booking and payment: At the time of booking the scooter will be reserved for the requested dates. Payment is made in cash during the collection of the scooter. Credit card guarantee is required for all pre-booked rentals. Please refer to section 5 for cancellations.
Cancellation 7 days or more before rental date 100% refund
Cancellation 3-6 days or more before rental date 75% refund
Cancellation 2 days or or less before rental date 50% refund
6. Booking changes: The renter may change or modify their booking 7 days before the rental date at no extra cost. Macau Scooter Hire cannot guarantee that the original reserved vehicle will be available on the changed date or time.
7. Renters Responsibility: It shall be the responsibility of the renter to take care of the rented vehicle and ensure no damage occurs to the vehicle while in the renters care. The renter must sign the rental agreement which states that they shall pay for damage or loss up to the agreed amount on the rental document. The renter shall be the only person allowed to operate the vehicle and any damage caused by other parties will be the renters responsibility. All vehicles rented by Macau Scooter Hire are intended for regular road use only and may not be driven in extreme circumstances such as off-road, racing or broadcasting activities.
8. Accidents and breakdown: In the event of an accident involving other persons the renter must stay at the scene of the accident until the police arrive. A full accident report sheet must be filled out by all parties involved and both copies should be kept and returned to the Macau Scooter Hire office.
9. Minimum age requirements: The minimum age requirement for all Macau Scooter Hire vehicles is 18 Years.
10. Required documents: At the rental station the renter must provide a valid driving license which qualifies them to operate the rented vehicle. The renters passport and credit card or cash deposit will also be required at the time of rental. Macau Scooter Hire reserves the right to refuse rental should the renter fail to provide the required documents.
11. Fines and Tickets: It is the renters responsibility to pay all traffic fines and tickets received during the rental period. However, Macau Scooter Hire will only provide the authorities with the renters details in situations where obliged to do so by law or where the Macau Scooter Hire would otherwise be held liable for the fines.
12. Property: The rental motorcycle shall remain the property of Macau Scooter Hire. The renter must return the motorcycle on the agreed date and time and failure to do so will result in further charges being applied.
13. Due to registration and insurance requirements Macau Scooter Hire vehicles cannot be taken to Mainland China or any country outside Macau.
14. Motorcycles cannot be returned to a different office from the one that the motorcycle was rented from without prior agreement. We do offer one way rentals only if they are agreed prior to rental.
15.Due to insurance requirements we cannot rent motorcycles to riders under the age of 18 years and all riders must hold a valid driving licence. For riders with a licence not issued by applicable countries (Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau, Mozambique, Netherlands, New Zealand, Phillipines, Portugal, Qatar, Sao Tome & Principe, South Africa, Spain, UK, US), an International permit is required by law. Macau residents are required to have a Macau issued driving licence.